.: MENU :.
.: TRAVEL :.
:: link3 :.
.: Free Advice To No One In Particular :.
Things it's taken me almost thirty-two years to learn...
1. If you have to ask yourself if he's worth it, he probably isn't.
2. You can't put a price on self-respect.
3. When people say "At least you have your health," they're making a valid point.
4. You are what you eat. Crap food, crap body. Healthy food, healthy body.
5. Fast food + junk food + fried food + salt = greasy skin. Fresh fruit + fresh vegetables + grains + water = great skin. A few avacadoes a week work wonders, and give you an excuse to eat veggie nachos (without the processed cheese and with baked chips instead of fried). Whatever you do, do not consume Velveeta. It's the zitmaker.
6. Learn to control your thoughts. What you think about, you bring about.
7. Nature is the great healer. Avail yourself of her medicine.
8. Learn how to do something. Knit, crochet, bead, etc. Just learn how to do it. Find a teacher, or teach yourself. It will get you through some surprisingly bad times.
9. Become fanatical (thank you, Elizabeth Wurtzel). Unless women become fanatically interested in something the way men are with sports and other man stuff, all we think about are men. Not healthy. It doesn't matter if it's collecting dolls, surfing, playing the cello, opening your chakras, watching soap operas, studying the works of Persian poets, fingerpainting, whatever. Find something that interests you, and pound it to death. Suck all the juice out of the subject matter. Save yourself.
10. Like your hair. No, really. Get a hairstyle and color that you like. Otherwise, you are damned to eternal misery.
11. Stop dissing yourself. When you talk about yourself either to yourself or to someone else, don't diss yourself. You get your greatest sense of self and self worth from YOU, not from another person.
12. Find a spiritual path. I don't care what it is, as long as it's positive, uplifting, and gives you something to study. That's part two: practice it, study it, and let it give you a few rare moments of peace and/or joy.
13. Put celebrities in their place: overpaid people who live in a ridiculous fantasy world that has nothing to do with reality. They're not role models. They're not socially responsible. They're light entertainment, nothing more. Don't envy them.
14. Figure out what makes you feel empty. Stop doing it.
15. Don't be afraid to give to yourself. Women make the mistake of waiting for the right man to give them love, self-esteem, value, worth, and all those other essentials for living. Give it to yourself first, then what they give you will be a bonus.
.: 7:53 P.M. :.